If I tell myself that I’m a something, does it become true? Generally speaking, it does. So if we tell ourselves we’re failures or that we’re ugly or even stupid, it tends to become a self-fulfilling prophecy. But what if we tell ourselves good things?
“You become what you digest into your spirit. Whatever you think about, focus on, read about, talk about, you’re going to attract more of into your life. Make sure they’re all positive.” ―
This quote is right on the mark. If we believe we’re good/happy/positive and we repeat it, practice it and want it bad enough, it will become truth — it will become our reality.
Positive affirmations sometimes get a bad rap and that’s a shame, because they genuinely are quite useful in helping to shape our thinking. Here are 20 positive affirmations you should try — and the good news is, you can create your own. Enjoy!
• I awaken this morning and greet this new day feeling happy and enthusiastic about life.
• My body is strong. My mind is clear. My soul is tranquil.
• This day will bring me nothing but contentment and joy.
• I create my own reality, so this day will be a good one – I will be positive, peaceful and filled with hope.
• I pledge to enjoy life and I will find happiness everywhere I look.
• I am happy, content and free, exactly as I was born to be.
• I have a right to be happy and I will replace all negative thoughts with positive ones.
• I am beautiful, kind, generous and intelligent.
• I matter and I’m worthy. What I have to offer this world is valuable.
• I let go of all fear, jealousy and anger.
• I release myself of all resentment and I eagerly welcome the happiness that takes its place.
• My past does not define me and is not a reflection of my future.
• I commit to finding joy and pleasure in all that life has to offer.
• I will radiate love and compassion to all life.
• I emanate compassionate thoughts, love and healing energy to those in need.
• My heart is open to love, kindness and the harmony of being truly happy.
• I choose to find hopeful and optimistic ways to look at my life in this world.
• I will think, speak and act only from a place of love and kindness.
• I will only attract pleasant, positive people into my life.
• I will always look for the good in everyone around me.
“Watch your manner of speech if you wish to develop a peaceful state of mind. Start each day by affirming peaceful, contented and happy attitudes and your days will tend to be pleasant and successful.” – Norman Vincent Peale