Positive affirmations are simple by nature, but their effect can be very powerful. Repeating and, believing in healing, positive affirmations can help release you from negativity, anxiety, fear and a whole lot more. Its a small effort that can pay off big.
What Exactly are Positive Affirmations
Positive affirmations are phrases (thoughts) that you repeat to yourself, which express a specific outcome that you seek to bring to reality. For example, “I am good enough, smart enough and worthy enough.”
Initially, these positive affirmations are probably not true in your own mind. Obviously, when we want to bring about a positive change in ourselves, it generally means we don’t believe ourselves to have that desired outcome/mindset, etc. However, by not just repeating positive affirmations, but actually believing them to be real, we change our thoughts for the better and that then becomes our reality.
Positive affirmations are cool because really, they’re simple messages. Said aloud or in our mind repeatedly, they begin to take root in our mind and help to change both our thinking (outlook) and our reality.
Here are some suggested positive affirmations. Since these are wholly personal, you can also create your own. Personally, I believe it to be vitally important to repeat these affirmations upon waking up in the morning and then repeating them throughout the day:
- I am the designer of my life and I plan its purpose and direction.
- Happiness is a choice and today I choose happiness and contentment.
- Today, I am filled with positive energy and brimming with happiness.
- I am strong and I am confident and I consciously banish all negative thoughts.
- My body is healthy. My mind is clear and focused. My soul is tranquil.
- I have the ability to conquer my challenges and my will and ability to succeed is powerful.
- I can do it! I am good enough. I am smart enough. I am capable enough.
- I choose peace and harmony and I will live in the light of positivity.
- Today will be a good day. I am happy and I am at peace with myself.
- I am love and compassion. I care about people and I radiate love to all life.
- Everything is okay. I will not dwell on worry and I will not be dragged into negativity.
- I will be mindful today and will live in the present. I guide my own life and I choose the path of happiness.
- Obstacles are moving out of my life. My path is clear and certain.
- I can do this. I am getting stronger every day. I willingly choose happiness.
- I am the author of my story. I am the architect of my life.
- My life is good. I have abundance, peace and harmony. All is well.
- I will radiate love. I will be kind. I will be happy.
- Good morning! I feel great and today is a beautiful day!
Try one or a few of these or if you prefer, create your own. The key is to consistently repeat the positive affirmation and more importantly, to visualize it and believe it.