Even the most ardent positive thinkers need a morale boost once in a while and one tried-and-true way to get this boost, is through positive affirmations. Our mind is powerful and if we feed it with good things, we get positivity.
If we tell ourselves we’re not good enough, eventually, that will become our reality. Likewise, if we infuse our thoughts with positive and motivational thoughts and ideas, that too will become our reality. Germany Kent said: “Positive thinking is powerful thinking. If you want happiness, fulfillment, success and inner peace, start thinking you have the power to achieve those things. Focus on the bright side of life and expect positive results” and she is absolutely correct. We often become what we think about and immerse ourselves in, so to attain and maintain positivity, we need to always take in good and banish bad.
Positive affirmations are an incredible source of positivity and the key to getting all the benefits they bring, we have to not only repeat them, but actually believe them. These positive affirmations can help get you started and one tip to help make them as effective as possible, is to believe them and visualize them — if you say “I will be happy”…then visualize yourself being happy and what that happiness means to you.
1. “Today, I fill my mind and my life with peace and happiness.”
2. “I feel positive, healthy and strong today.”
3. “Today is a good day and I am happy, strong and positive!”
4. “I feel confident and secure and I have all that I need to make this a great day.”
5. “I am and always have been good enough, smart enough and strong enough.”
6. “I am happy and content with my life and I’m grateful for all that I have.”
7. “I will be patient and calm and I greet this day with serenity in my mind and body.”
8. “I am filled with love and kindness and I’m thankful for another day on this earth.”
9. “I have the power and ability to create all the success and prosperity I desire.”
10. “I’m in control of my life and I let go of all negative beliefs that have stood in the way of my happiness.”
11. “I am courageous. I am confident. I am worthy. I like who I am!”
12. “My life is an adventure and every day, I will discover new and interesting paths to pursue.”
13. “The universe is filled with endless opportunities and I pursue them with purpose and vigor.”
14. “Today, I choose to think positively and I will create an amazing and successful life for myself.”
15. “I am a strong, confident individual and I consciously attract success and happiness.”
16. “I am energetic, enthusiastic, confident and happy.”
17. “I banish all self-doubt from my mind and I embrace hope, optimism and compassion.”
18. “Today, I abandon all of my old, negative habits and I take up new, more positive ones in their place.”
19. “My thoughts do not control me — I control my thoughts and my thoughts will be free, happy and positive.”
20. “Today I will be kind and compassionate. I embrace love and reject anger and hatred.”
We all can use a little morale booster and a re-charging of our positivity. None of us are perfect and we sometimes struggle with negativity — that’s why it’s so important that we remind ourselves that being a positive person is a conscious choice, so the occasional re-balancing is needed.
Positive affirmations are an effective tool, but so is remembering that we are all worthy and this wonderful quote is a reminder of that fact:
“In case no one told you today: You’re beautiful. You’re loved. You’re needed. You’re alive for a reason. You’re stronger than you think. You’re going to get through this. I’m glad you’re alive. Don’t give up!” – Unknown